Pricing for tutoring is extremely simple, just like everything at Simply Maths Tutoring. In-home tutoring is charged per hour, with a minimum of one hour per session. After the first free tutoring session, you wll receive an invoice for the next 5 tutoring sessions. We require that customers prepay for tutoring sessions. This ensures that tutors are always paid on time. When you have one remaining tutoring session in your account, you will receive the invoice for the subsequent 5 lessons. Invoices can be refunded at any time for the balance of the unused tutoring hours.
Pricing per hour for in home tutoring for a single student:
- For students up to and including Year 10, not including Year 10 students studying a VCE level subject: $50 per hour
- For students in VCE or studying a VCE level subject: $60 per hour
Occasionally, it may be beneficial to have two students working together. While we suggest that the maximum benefit will always come from one-on-one tutoring, small groups of 2-3 students may work well. For groups larger than 3 students, please give us a call to discuss any possible options. However, we will only offer group tutoring under the following conditions:
- All students in the group must be in the same year level, studying the same Maths subject
- Students must be in the same school. Ideally they should also be in the same Maths class.
- A single student/family must take responsibility for all billing. It is the responsibility of the families involved to organise spliting of payments between themselves.
Pricing per hour for in-home tutoring with groups of students:
- 2 students up to and including Year 10: $75 per hour for the group
- 3 students up to and including Year 10: $90 per hour for the group
- 2 students in VCE: $80 per hour for the group
- 3 students in VCE: $100 per hour for the group
Online tutoring can be beneficial for students in remote areas who would otherwise find it difficult to have a tutor visit at home. This option requires a strong internet connect (minimum speed of 10Mbps down/2Mpbs up – click here to test your internet speed), as well as a device on which is it possible to input handwriting (tablet, iPad, computer with pen input).
As tutors are not required to travel for online tutoring, discounted rates are available.
Pricing per hour for online tutoring:
- For students up to and including Year 10, not including Year 10 students studying a VCE level subject: $45 per hour
- For students in VCE or studying a VCE level subject: $55 per hour
Invoices are sent electronically to your preferred email address. These can be paid using one of two methods
- Direct transfer using a BSB and Account number (can be done via internet banking or within your bank branch)
- Credit card securely processed using Stripe
Busy Parent? We've Got You Covered! Let Us Send You An Info Pack Instead
We love our website, and we think it's pretty awesome. But if you're a busy parent, sometimes it's tricky to take the time to explore. Instead, let me send you an information package that you can read with your coffee when you have that spare minute!